So just as I'm trying wholeheartedly to finish up projects around the house and BLOG about them, our hot water heater decides to bust and ruin all my hard work! So it has been an eventful and interesting summer to say the very least. The Flood was bad. I was at home so I am thankful for that! However, I was very confused when I walked out of my bedroom and stepped into a puddle. I immediately thought the kids had been up to no good...poor kids were innocent this time. I then realized the water was coming from the laundry room and still seemed to be flowing. I checked it out thinking that our super old washing machine had finally cratered. It was innocent too. Finally figured out it was the hot water heater so I went into action and tried my hardest to get the thing to shut off. It didn't work at the source so I grabbed a crescent wrench and ran to the alley. I overcame my intense fear of cockroaches and flicked the lid off the water meter and tried to shut off the valve. That would have worked perfectly if the valve hadn't been buried beneath about an inch of dirt. So i used the wrench and banged around and dug and the hard dirt until I found the valve. By this time the whole house is pretty much under about an inch of water. It all got turned off and needless to say we ended up having to get all new floors. A HUGE pain but it actually ended up being the sunny side of our little catastrophe. I now have the floors I want everywhere, so yay me ;)
Here are just a few pics of my disaster. I will post after pics as I put the house slowly back together!
No comments:
Post a Comment