Sunday, August 23, 2009
Meet the Teacher
We had Dylan's "Meet the Teacher" night last Thursday. I, of course had not had time to buy his school supplies yet and so I was behind :( But, it all turned out for the good! Dylan didn't want to leave our house because he had just gotten up from nap and Mum was there. So he was a bit grumpy which had me concerned. However, when we got there he was so excited - even through all the chaos and kids running everywhere! I was really proud of him while meeting his teacher - he made eye contact and introduced himself and then hugged her like she was his new best friend! She had a scavenger hunt page for us to do. All the kids had to find all the special places in the room and their name on their table and their hook for the backpacks and other special places in the room. Dylan found everything all on his own and then thanked the teacher nicely when he was rewarded with a bat pencil. Of course I had to sign up for things too, always ;) He stayed excited and is writing his alphabet as I'm typing and is so happy that he starts school tomorrow. We just pray that he is where he is supposed to be and that he will succeed both in academics and in his social skills. I'm so thrilled for him! I've thought he needed more than I was able to provide for a while now and I'm so thankful that I liked his teacher too! I think this year will be amazing for my little man. I know that I will be nervous for him tomorrow, but I'm trying to remember that I'm the only one that is nervous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment