Monday, July 6, 2009

Dylan - My Little Picasso





Dylan decided today that he wanted to be Picasso. I say Picasso because I hate his stuff and this was nothing short of a catastrophie for me! Today was one of those days when you wish you'd never gotten out of bed. My beautiful Lola woke me up before my alarm went off because she needed to go out to potty. I'm not used to that yet and I'm definitely not a morning person, so I'll have to say I was put out by that. By 10:00 this morning I was wanting to invest in shock collars for children. That's right! Dylan, who talks non-stop anyway, has decided it is no longer important for him to use a normal decibel level while speaking. Instead he yells every single word and then when he's upset the level goes up even further. I'd had enough, so I finally told all the kids that if they spoke over my level of speaking they would all get spankings. I HATE giving warnings that aren't heeded so I just went right in for the kill! Dylan and Jade immediately got spanked. But, at least the yelling died down. I gave them some coloring sheets while I was fixing lunch and all four kids colored and were really good. When lunch was ready I cleared the table and made sure I was in posession of all of the crayons. They ate and then played while I cleaned up and took the puppy back out to potty...again. When I came back inside, their bedroom doors were shut. That is a big no-no at our house. So I go to check on them and what do I find? They had confiscated a crayon and Dylan signed his name to every peice of art he drew while the other three children looked on and laughed. I have to buy paint now. Like I said - one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment